Contents on this page
Pesticide Shipments the Require Advance Notice
**Applications are available on this webpage. Click on the document titles with hyperlinks to access resources**
Pesticide Shipments that Require Advance Notice
- Any restricted use pesticide (RUP) from any country into the CNMI.
- Any pesticide or pesticide device manufactured in or shipped by or through a foreign country.
- Any termiticide, including those used for crack, crevice, and spot treatment.
- Any pesticide used to control pests on fruit and/or vegetable crops or other agricultural products.
- Pesticides used for fumigation, hospital grade disinfection, and commercial purposes.
Note: Notices are not required for establishments that may be imported are Calcium Hypochlorite, Trichloro-S-Trianzinetrione, Sodium Bromide, Sodium Hypochlorite and related items; household disinfectants and anti-bacterial chemicals (such as Clorox bleach, 409, Pine Sol, etc.) or household insecticides (such as Black Flag, Raid, etc.).
Pesticides or Pesticide Devices that Require Advance Notice
- Submit a completed Notice of Intent to Import Pesticides and Pesticide Devices (NOII) along with the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and label for each pesticide intended for import. No payment is required for NOII.
- DEQ will verify information and notify the importer within 2-3 business days of its' apporval or disapproval.
- DEQ will notify the importer of the approval or disapporval of NOII.
- Order the pesticide or pesticide devices once approval is received. Note: Ordering pesticides that require advance notice to DEQ without proir approval is a violation of the CNMI Pesticide Regulations.
- Submit a completed Notice of Arrival of Pesticides and Pesticide Devices (NOA) for each pesticide or pesticide device. Non-refunable fee of $15 per shipment for General Use Pesticides (GUP) and $50 per shipment for Restricted Use Pesticides (RUP).
- DEQ inspection and release the pesticides or pesticide devices to the importer.
Please visit or contact BECQ at (670)-664-8500/12 for more information.
BECQ Divsion of Environmental Quality regulates the importation of pesticides in the islands of the Commonwealth. Importation of any banned or misbranded pesticide or pesticide device is a violation of these regulations under § 65-70-101(a). Importation of any unregistered pesticide, but not pesticide device, is a violation of these regulations. Any banned, misbranded or unregistered pesticide, any pesticide device without an establishment number, or any pesticide shipment otherwise not in compliance with these pesticide regulations, may be detained, or denied entry to the extent permitted by law, by the DEQ Director or by Customs Officers, or Agricultural Quarantine Officers.
Last Updated 11/9/2020